Physics Teaching for the 21st Century
Physics Teaching for the 21st Century is a resource for teachers who are interested in teaching physics concepts in real world contexts.
The great problems of the 20th century were solved by a few incredibly smart people. The great problems of the 21st century will have to be solved by billions of moderately smart people. This is where teachers come in...
In this website you will find:
- articles that clearly explain the physics concepts in a real world context
- take-home experiments that can be done by students or by teachers as demonstrations in class
- lecture notes in the form of power point presentations
- multiple choice questions to use as a quick test of understanding during lectures, and as a way to stimulate critical thinking.
- problem sets and exam questions that would interest students (including solutions)
- data sheets with realistic numbers and information
- videos further explaining physics concepts in real world contexts